Friday 24 January 2014

Photo Friday - 24th January



The Project continued: sewing Albania!


I don't have a working oven right now (I actually never have had one here!) but Welsh cakes don't need an oven! I loved my time living in Wales and these were great!


Thirteen countries later... Sewing my last and fourteenth country!


And this is the result of that project! A 1.5 by 1.5 metre map of Europe showing the countries JV serve in. I learnt a lot doing this - Ukraine is huge and borders can be very wiggly. I love the result though!


And this is what it was for! At the Academy we had a prayer room with various creative ways to engage with prayer. I emailed out our countries to ask for prayer points and printed those out and displayed them using pegs on a trellis. As people prayed for a country they were to put a stone on that country.


At the Academy we had main sessions with all 120 of us and then smaller, specific sessions for our camp team and sports guys. It was so good for all of us to be together and be specifically equipped for this ministry. The next two pictures also show the camp team.






At the Academy we had 120 leaders from many of our countries. One night during worship we sang How Great is Our God in all the languages represented - nine. Each language was sang once before we all sang together. It was incredible. I was able to sing three - English, Czech and Polish. I'm thankful that God is so big He understands all of these, even in my broken versions of Czech and Polish. How amazing that people from every tribe, tongue and nation will one day with one voice declare God's glory? 

No comments:

Post a Comment