Monday 28 October 2013

Brodfest




Over the weekend I was at an event called Brodfest. Brod is part of the name of the town where it is held, Havlickuv Brod, a town I did camp with in the summer of 2012!

Going into the weekend I thought it was going to be a lot like the Northern Irish MAD weekend – a weekend of teaching for young people and encouraging them to make a difference. Not to mention sleeping on floors, or, rather, not sleeping.

In some ways those were accurate predictions – although I slept a lot more than I thought I would! It seems like Brodfest is targeted at a slightly older age group and there were a lot more seminars that looked at so many different aspects of life and living for God.

One of the great joys for me being there was not just the chance to get to know the students in my youth group better but to also be able to connect with people I’ve known for years through different English camps – it was a great to be able to connect with people from Prague, Hradec Kralove, Podebrady and Havlickuv Brod.

I went into the weekend with the expectation that I wouldn’t understand any Czech so even understanding the occasional word or phrase delighted me! I even understood a joke told in Czech during one of the talks! I was also able to have a conversation in Czech with a Czech pastor I did camp with last year who doesn’t speak English – it was so great to be able to communicate with him even though my Czech was really bad!


And it was such a joy to see over 1000 Czech young people worshipping God together and pursuing His Word. I’m praying that these young adults would live passionately for Jesus and that, as they are transformed, they would be agents of transformation in this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment